A Day for HOPE is a community call to action in recognition of World Hunger Day 2021. On May 28th HOPE Community Services will lead the charge to bring awareness and action to hunger in our community. Through a focused campaign, HOPE will raise consciousness and activism to fight food insecurity.
Donate to help this cause and further our mission:
(Please specify in the description that it is a Day of HOPE donation)
Local schools, organizations, and houses of worship will host food drives to collect goods to be distributed to the community by HOPE Community Services.
Organize a Food Drive
Here are a couple of pointers to help maximize your efforts.
- Make A Plan: Get your family and friends involved! Gather up some support and strategize on the best way to get the word out. A well thought-out plan leads to the best results.
- Coordinate: Contact us so we can help out. We’re happy to share tips and advice. We can also inform you on the items we need the most.
- Pick a Drop-Off Location: Decide on a centralized location for your collection of foods. Sometimes having multiple points for drop-off makes a big difference. Make sure people are aware of your drop-off times, too.
- Specify Food Drive Duration: Food Drives are most successful when the time frame is short and well publicized. This inspires people to act sooner than later and will help give your campaign a boost of urgency.
- Spread the Word: Make sure people know you are doing it. Post it on social media before and after. This can also inspire others to do the same.
- Drop It Off: Contact HOPE to coordinate a time for drop off. Email email@example.com or call (914) 636-4010
Participating businesses, including local Restaurants will donate 10% of their earnings on the night to support efforts to feed their community.
If you are a business or community member that would like to get involved, please contact us at:
(914) 636-4010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Show your support by printing this sticker out and proudly displaying it on your local business.